Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hitting my Year, 2 months early

This week it has suddenly occurred to me that I feel better. A Lot better.

After heart surgery in April I felt much better than I had for the 10 months or so before that which is when my body was in the process of shutting down because of the tumor in my heart. That being said, I still didn't feel "good".

But now, I Do! It's hard to even put a finger on because I not only feel better, I feel different. Younger. Stronger. Somehow, more alive. I am first now realizing how really sick I was, and not just for the last 18 months, but probably for 5-10 years before that.

I was told it takes a full year to really feel better after this surgery. There are still issues such as a minor cough that won't quite go away and a scar that itches to the point of insanity. Little stuff. But 10 months in, I have turned the corner from "I'm feeling okay" to "I feel great!".

If I had more family around here I'd throw a party. A one year anniversary, 2 months early, party. I sure feel like celebrating!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

That is something to celebrate! I am really glad that everything turned out well and you are doing so great!!! If I was done there I would totally party with you!! ;) love Jamie

Malisa Twelves said...

I would so come to that party! I am glad you are feeling great! It is nice to hear!

Lovin Life Together said...

You should still celebrate, nothings better than feeling better. I'm glad you'r doing so good, and feeling so good!

The Norths said...

This makes me so, so happy to hear! Almost to tears happy.

And I want to party with you! Right now!